What is Student Internship Programme?
The objective of the Student Internship Program (SIP) is to provide students with the opportunity to relate their academic learning in the course of study to a relevant work environment. This experience will facilitate their ability to adapt when joining the workforce in the future.
Student internship program is usually carried out with local host organizations in a relevant industry where Students undertake various activities assigned and experience problem _solving in practical, real-life situations. Alternatively, SIP can be carried out overseas whereby Students are given the opportunity to gain an international outlook while gaining practical experience and life skills in a real work environment overseas.
A Student internship program may be structured with a Major Project (MP). Depending on nature, SIP and MP tasks may be conducted concurrently or independently within the time of the SIP attachment. In general, the aims of the MP module are to foster students’ independent-learning, critical and creative thinking abilities as students have the opportunity to apply their academic knowledge and skills through a self-managed project.
Such an essential training programme for our students will not be possible without support from partners in business and industry like you. As a SIP host organization, the programme may offer you the following benefits:
- Opportunities to tap on students’ skills and knowledge;
- Means to identify students as prospective employees among the students attached to your company; and
- Platforms for you to provide input to our curriculum to reflect the changing demands of your industry.
The duration of the internship generally ranges between 12-26 week
The polytechnic begins to process the SIP applications as early as four months before the commencement of the respective SIP periods. This is to allow sufficient time for clarification, processing, and allocation. The polytechnic encourages organizations to apply early to secure placements.
Who is Eligible for Internships?
All of our Student Internships have the same minimum qualifications, listed below: Current an undergraduate or graduate student in an accredited college or university.Minimum of 18 completed semester credit hours from an accredited college or university at the time of application.Must have an overall grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 or higher on a 4.0-grade point scale or “pass” on a pass/fail system.Must possess a valid state driver’s license, when applicable
Be Our Partner
We are committed to nurturing innovation and entrepreneurial learning in an environment that develops problem-solving skills and cultivate a lifelong learning attitude. The hutch me internship programme is designed to give our students a first-hand experience of the work environment and allow our students to apply knowledge, skill sets and techniques gained from the classroom.
Benefits to Employer
- Gain access to a large pool of prospective employees
- Develop student’s potential for possible full-time employment after graduation
- Provide skilled support for projects that demand valuable alternative resources for its successful completion
Companies taking in interns from we should facilitate the following learning outcomes. Upon successful completion of the internship programme, the student would be able to:
- acquire or deepen skills that are related to their area of study by assigning them to meaningful job operations
- develop deeper and broader appreciation of the company’s core businesses, operations, and challenges by providing them with opportunities for project work and/or job rotation in different roles or functions
- enhance employability skills in areas such as problem-solving, communication and interpersonal skills, teamwork, professional work ethics through work interactions with different level of stakeholders
For more information about Student Internship Program click here.